A yoga week in South-Turkey is perfect for a relaxing summer vacation. While body and mind are relaxed and energized, you can deepen your yoga practice and gain a new experience. During this week we focus on the various aspects of Classical Ashtanga yoga. In the morning classes we practice mainly Asanas, physical postures that stretch and strengthen the body. In the afternoon we are studying some Asanas in detail, learn basic breathing exercises (= Pranayama) and practice meditation. In addition I teach a bit about philosophy and theory of Yoga. This week is suitable for everyone.
Spectrum Turkey is a purpose built dedicated yoga & activity centre nestling at the foot of the Golgeli mountains. A tranquil location with running water alongside.
Total privacy and a shady position due to the surrounding pine trees and the neighbouring fields of pomegranates and orange groves make this an idyllic yoga retreat.
There is an 80 m2 swimming pool, with large terraces for sunbathing This is a perfect location for yoga groups with two yoga spaces - one is by the pool. Spectrum is slightly off the beaten track within the countryside outside of Dalyan, yet within walking distance of the village and easy reach of the beach buses and beach boats.
Spectrum also provides excellent excursions at extra cost. There is an option of a fantastic boat trip and a river cruise combined with a trip to the hot springs and mud baths.
Rooms are courtyard style around the pool. Our hosts will serve vegetarian food - home grown or locally produced by nearby market gardeners (gluten, wheat & dairy free can be catered for).
Dalyan is loved for:
• Boat trips – catch a “water taxi” to the 7 kilometre Turtle beach or take a private boat trip for the day – very good value for money
• The beach – Iztuzu beach by co-operative bus or the other end by boat(as above)
• Turtles – Caretta Caretta as well as the Nile turtles in the river
• History – Lycian Rock Tombs and Caunos an ancient Roman city
• Turkish food – freshly cooked using home-grown or market garden purchased products, delicious, tasty and healthy (gluten and wheat free food is available)
• Natural therapies - hot springs and mud baths
• Wild life – in abundance, storks, kingfishers, tortoises, wild boar for example
• Convenience – Dalaman airport is only 30 minutes from Dalyan
To book a yoga holiday please visit Free Spirit: www.freespirituk.com