Developing Yogasana by Peter Scott
|COMO Shambhala Urban Escape - Yoga Workshop|
|Yoga Workshop:||Developing Yogasana by Peter Scott|
|Dates:||Event is Over|
|Contact:||COMO Shambhala Urban Escape|
|15th March 2013: 9:30am - 12:30pm: Essentials of Asana I / 6:30pm - 9:30pm: Essentials of Asana II
16th March 2013: 9am - 12pm: Under the Surface of Asana I / 2pm - 5pm: Under the Surface of Asana II
17th March 2013: 9am - 12pm: Confidence in the Depth of Asana I / 2pm - 5pm: Confidence in the Depth of Asana II
Fees: S$ 110 per session / S$ 198 per day / S$297 (All 3 morning sesions) / S$528 (All sessions)
* Essentials of Asana I Getting into – Being there and – Getting out of Asanas. Practice is deepened with clear intention and reasons for practice. The Intention of the practitioner will determine the methods used in asana practice. Why we do an asana will determine how we do it; how to start and how to finish. Using the better-known asanas we will explore different methods and benefits of practice.
* Essentials of Asana II Asana insight is developed when the intricate action is determined to create a transparent sense of direction for the stretch of each muscle and joint. This session will study the direction of action for intricate body-mind development in asana.
* Under the Surface of Asana I Delving into asana practice brings a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of the many intricacies and actions required. In this session we will study the “Double Action” method in Standing Poses to help grasp the path to the deeper layers of practice. Standing Poses create strength and power with a firm sense of ‘being grounded in life’.
* Under the Surface of Asana II Following the lead of the morning session: we will practice, observe, and reflect on the “double-action” used in the practice of Forward Bends. Forward Bends bring a deep sense of inner calmness and tranquility, crucial qualities in modern life.
* Confidence in the Depth of Asana I Deeper discernment in practice is the result of more demanding practices. Backbends are used to evolve an increased to depth in asana to expand and clarify confidence. It is the investigation of the mind into the process of yoga, into what BKS Iyengar calls “Meditation in Action”.
* Confidence in the Depth of Asana II Creating clarity in asana practice brings a firm balance in life. Clear intention of action will establish a focused, yet lighter, practice where energy is used less and generated more. The focus of this session will be towards developing firm focused balancing asanas.
About Peter Scott: Peter Scott has been a renowned Senior Iyengar yoga teacher for the past 30 years. Based in Melbourne, Peter runs an Iyengar Yoga Centre and Training School with his wife, Sue. A past President of the Iyengar Yoga Association of Australia, Peter is a long-term Assessment Committee member and has served as Chair of the Assessment Committee 1999-2000 & 2009-2010.
He has also taught yoga workshops and teacher training in Australia and Hong Kong, and Workshops and Teacher Development in many South East Asia Countries.
Peter brings a wealth of yoga knowledge to his teaching. He is especially known for his clarity and effectiveness in teaching, and his workshops include the intricacies, sequencing and timings in asanas required to delve into the inner experience of yoga practice.
Terms & Conditions: All fees paid are non-refundable. All rates are inclusive of 7% GST. Cancellation policy - Cancellations must be submitted at least (1) business day (minimum of 24 hours) before the scheduled class to avoid a cancellation charge. - For cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled class, a 50% cancellation charge will be imposed. - For no-shows, a 100% cancellation charge will be imposed.
For registration: Please call +65 6304 3552 or email email@example.com.
For more information please visit http://www.comoshambhala.com/singapore/workshops/developing-yogasana-peter-scott
|See COMO Shambhala Urban Escape Website|