"Become a Yoga Teacher with strong foundation in Classical Yoga"
Attention: - Anyone can join the 500 hours Teacher Training by attending first a 200 hours and then completing the next 300 hours in the subsequent weeks. - If you are planing to attend this course please send us application for the 200 hours course starting on 8th June 2014.
The Yoga Teachers Training Course (YTT) program designed by Wise Living Yoga Academy (accredited by Yoga Alliance, USA & The International Board of Yoga, India) intend to provide strong foundation in Classical Yoga Philosophy (Patañjali Ashtanga Yoga), Lifestyle Principles (Yogachara) and Yoga Techniques (Hatha cum Raja Yoga). It will endow the Yoga Aspirants (Sadhakas) and Teacher Trainees with guiding principles for their own Personal Development & Habituation to Spiritual Consciousness and also the Didactics & Methodology for imparting Yoga Wisdom & Training to individuals of all ages without any major ailments. Participants who complete the course successfully will receive an internationally recognized Yoga Certificate.
The advanced 500 hours Teacher Training Course follows the same course structure and time-table of the 200 hours course. However the advance 500 hours program will cover training on the Therapeutic Aspects of Yoga along with advanced studies of Traditional Texts, self-study/practice and experiencing life in an Ashram-like environment in the spirit of Karma Yoga.
Anyone can apply for the 500 hours Teacher Training by attending first the 200 hours and then completing the next 300 hours in the subsequent weeks OR as per our calendar of courses.
Old students (who have already completed a 200 hours course with Wise Living Yoga Academy) can apply for the 300 hours program happening 3 times a year.
Course Location & Fees:
The 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Courses & the Advanced 300 & 500 hours International Certification Programs are held several times a year in our Yoga Center in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Fees - early bird discounted: USD 4490 - All Inclusive (Check the dates for registration in our course website to avail early bird dicount) Includes: Tuition, Course Material, Certificate, Accommodation in twin sharing basis, 3 meals a day.
Category of Disciplines for the 500 hours Advanced Teacher Training Course:
1. Therapeutic Application of Yoga
Therapeutic aspects of Yoga will be covered by providing knowledge and training on the application of a Yogic approach in the management of stress, psychosomatic and psychogenic diseases following the orientations and methods applied, tested and advised by The Yoga Institute of Santacruz, Mumbai, India, since several decades.
Yoga for Psychosomatic Diseases
Including 'some' of the following:
1) Cardiac, Hypertension & Diabetes; 2) Orthopedic & Musculo-skeletal Diseases; 3) Gastro Intestinal & Genito-urinary Diseases; 4) Respiratory, including Asthma and Bronchitis; 5) Affective Disorders, Depression & Nervous System Disorders 5) Stress Management
Yoga Psychology For Stress Management
1) Man & Mind in the context of Samkhya Philosophy; 2) Cognitive Appraisal & Stress; 3) From Unbalanced (Rajasic) to Balanced (Sattvic) Mental State; 4) Stress Management - Ancient & Modern
Yoga Practices For Stress-related Diseases
The training will include the examination and understanding of 'some' of the above mentioned specific disorders and the therapies and recommended routines for their management and treatment including:
1) Healthy Routines (Yogachara & Vihara) 2) Change in state of Mind (Yoga Vichara); 3) Food recommendation & Dietary (Yogahara); 4) Education of the Physical (Asanas); 5) Respiratory Practices (Pranayamas); 6) Yoga Hygiene & Cleansing processes (Yogic Kriyas); 7) Psychosomatic Practices (Absorption, Relaxation & Meditation);
– The management of diseases under the Yogic approach does not make use of "quick-fix" techniques neither is 'solely' a specific one, with "this-for-that" instructions. In Classical Yoga you'll deal with management of diseases making use of psycho-physical procedures that are correlated to the mental processes.
– It is a two way traffic here: the body and the limbic system influencing the mind and at the same time perception and conation influencing the body. Managing stress at the very base foundation level and reaching up to a wide overview of life is the Yoga way of managing diseases.
2. Discipline & Personal Practices (Sadhana)
All the students engaged in advanced training are expected to maintain a personal and regular practice while staying in the ashram.
The Sadhana will include:
1) Meditation (Individual or in Group); 2) Physical Education - Asanas & Pranayamas (Individual or in Group); 3) Yogic Hygiene (Shatkarmas & Kriyas);
Other personal practices and observances will be followed according to the student’s need and under direct orientation of a Senior Teacher. This will include practice of mauna (silence), upwas (fasting) during specific timings or following a specific diet program if required.
3. Karma Yoga
All students will be assigned specific duties in the center for which they will be responsible to coordinate & execute, alone or along with other students and workers of the Center, under the Senior Teacher’s guidance. Karma Yoga is not only executing a specific work but it is mainly doing it with a particular attitude and state of mind. A positive attitude and sense of enjoyment is to accompany any physical action besides doing it with full attention and not having personal interests in the final result (selfless or altruistic work).
4. Advanced Studies on Traditional Texts & Selected Topics on Yoga
Personal guided studies will be conducted in form of workshops and assignments including attending lecture and doing research and paper/talk presentation on Traditional Texts or selected topics on Yoga and including:
1) Yoga Sutras of Patanjali & Sankhya Karika; 2) Bhagavad Gita and the 4 Paths of Yoga; 3) Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, etc; 4) Yoga & Mystics & Mysticism; 5) History & Background of Yoga; 6) History & Background of The Yoga Institute of Santacruz.
Contact us for more details.
Please visit our Course Website for more info on Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand, Bali & Brazil:
- Yoga Teacher Training Course in Minas Gerais,Brasil - Yoga Teacher Training Course in Bali, Indonesia - Yoga Teacher Training Course in Chiang Mai, Thailand
For updated information of our activities please visit our Yoga Blog