Foundational Immersion includes: Embodying Prana Flow & Mandala of Asanas
Embodying Prana Flow: The purpose of this training is three-fold: *to deepen your personal practice as a laboratory for exploring the creative potential of vinyasa; *provide tools for teaching vinyasa and enlivening the flow of your classes; and, *focus on how to embody the flow of daily life with the rhythms of teaching.
Areas to be covered include: - Philosophical roots of vinyasa yoga and Krishnamacharya lineage of Yoga
- Learn 10 different solar and lunar Namaksar variations to enliven your sadhana and life
- Understand the arc of a well-rounded class + Prana Flow® Wave Sequencing™ and apply it to teaching and self-practice
- Apply Shiva’s wave sequencing methodology as a ritual arc for an embodied experience from music to sequencing
- Understand the primary movements of prana as a way to become embodied in the flow
- Understand, apply and teach Wave Sequencing™ methods including Peaks, Vinyasa Krama, and energetic adaptations.
- Learn to create vinyasa combinations for both beginner, intermediate, and mixed-level students that are effective, creative, safe, and fun.
- Ritual arc of class and structure: opening, namaskar, waves, peak poses, counter-posing and closing.
Mandala of Asanas: Teaching vinyasa is an art that requires a teacher to develop related tools using their voice, hands-on assists, observation and energetic attunement to provide guidance to facilitate the state of flow. In the 2 weekend-long immersions, you will learn the energetic alignment for core asanas within the Mandala of Asanas™ based upon an integrated understanding of the movements of prana, practical anatomy and how to open and strengthen the core structures of embodiment from head to toe, skin to subtle body. Experience practical application of the Mandala of Asanas™ from a base of 108 asanas to develop and evolve your personal practice and class sequencing.
- Understand how to teach and verbally cue the energetic alignment and flow actions of the core "blueprint" asana of the mandala of standing poses, backbends, arm balances, core abdominals, forward bends, hip openers, twists and inversions - Develop Energetic Observation - ability to assess imbalances, blocks and leaks of energy to a person's body, mind and heartfire. - Experience hands-on assists as both adjustment and "enhancement" to the core movement of the asana - Rejuvenate and activate your flow of yoga through daily energetic vinyasa practices and meditation Immersion hours: June 21, 2013 to June 30, 2013 Saturday 8am-8pm Sunday 8am-8pm Mon-Thurs mid week 8am-8pm Friday 8am-4pm (hours may be adjusted daily if necessary to meet program requirements)
Cost: $1550; early bird price $1425 if registered by April 1, 2013. Manual fee $90
Credit hours: 75 Important: ?There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for all refunds. All refunds will be credited to your Ananda Shala account.
Contact Ananda Shala regarding studio & other local accommodations.