Lift the hood on Happiness and kick start your practice as together we uncover the vital Secrets of Yoga.
All the teachings and texts on yoga talk endlessly about the beauty, wonder, and happiness – anandam – that is the ‘self’ But can anyone describe self or show you what self is in a practical and down to earth way? Most Yoga classes and retreats emphasise practice as a path to SELF- but ultimately when you understand what SELF is you recognise the practice for what it is – a preparation for the understanding of your Self - the happiness, love and peace itself.
A daily practice is essential, understanding how both the physical and subtle anatomy work together is nurturing and supportive.
During our 8 days together we will explore through practical vinyasa sequences- the subtle anatomy of the chakras and how they relate to our ayurvedic constitution while studying Atma vidya – Self Knowledge – timeless teachings which unwrap the beauty, knowledge and wisdom of the Upanishads.
This retreat is for Yoga students of all levels wanting inspiration for their practice and Yoga teachers looking to deepen their knowledge of the Upanishads, the subtle body and ayurveda
Our daily schedule includes:
- Ishta Kriya practice with John – a simple and profoundly energising & healing pranayama sequence designed to purify & build Ojas (our immune system)
- Daily Vinyasa sequences with Rachel exploring earth, water, fire air and space through the medium of both the chakra system and ayurveda
- Morning Self knowledge talks with John uncovering the depth of Upanishadic wisdom
- Afternoon talks on the chakras and their connection with Ayurveda with Rachel
- Ishta Mala sunset practice with John and Rachel
- Yantra creation and Kirtan
Our retreat centre The Sanctuary Retreat is set upon high, amidst lush tropical rainforest overlooking the Coral sea. With secluded beaches meeting the Great Barrier Reef, unique accommodation, dedicated yoga space, massage and delicious cuisine, Sanctuary Retreat is the unspoilt paradise you have been waiting to discover.
Join expert teachers Rachel Zinman and John Weddepohl and take your yoga to the next level!
Retreats are Yoga Alliance approved for international accreditation and participants will receive a letter of completion at the end of the Retreat