Tutor: Steve Brandon
These workshops are for experienced Yoga Practitioners and Yoga Teachers who wish to learn Vinyasa Krama Yoga in a systematic way to deepen their personal practice or to broaden their teaching.
* The entire range of vinyasas in eleven classical sequences.
* All the main sequences of Vinyasa Krama and adaptations. It will be an in depth coverage of the complete Vinyasa Krama series.
* A full range of tools for the practitioner or teacher to use in their personal practice and teaching situations.
* Instructions and guidance on asana practice from Krishnamacharya’s books ‘Yoga Makaranda’ and ‘Yoga Rahasya’
* The most comprehensive coverage of the full spectrum of classical yogasana available.
* Pranayama and Meditation techniques.
* Developing a personal practice.
* Theoretical understanding of physical, mental and spiritual benefits.
“Just as music without proper pitch and rhythm will not give any pleasure, similarly asana practice done without vinyasa krama will not give good health. When that is so, what more is there to say about long life and strength in this context?” Sri T. Krishnamacharya
Venue: Wells Museum, 8 Cathedral Green, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2UE. UK.
Cost: £395 (non-residential). Booking deposit £95.
Times: 9.30am – 5.30pm for 6 days. 9.15am – 4.30pm on last day.
A certificate will be issued to all participants. Qualified Yoga Teachers will receive a Teacher Training Certificate.
Required Course Texts:
The Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga. Srivatsa Ramaswami.
The Vinyasa Krama Yoga Practice Manual. Steve Brandon & Charles Cox.
Your tutor: Steve Brandon has studied Yoga under some outstanding teachers from Sri Krishnamacharya’s lineage since 1999, including TKV Desikachar, A.G. and Indra Mohan, Srivatsa Ramaswami (Krishnamacharya’s student for 34 years).Steve trained in Viniyoga with Ranju Roy and Paul Harvey.
Since 2007, Steve has trained extensively in Vinyasa Krama Yoga and Yoga Philosophy with Srivatsa Ramaswami in India, the USA and the UK and maintains a personal practice in Yoga and Ayurveda.
Steve is a teacher trainer and has a private practice offering personal lessons and Yoga therapy. He is also qualified in Ayurveda and is a member of the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association. He is the author of The Vinyasa Krama Yoga Practice Manual.
For further information and to book: